Headphone jack broken

Jeeky

Estimable
May 16, 2014
hi friends, my laptop's headphone jack is not working and has most probably broken due to physical damage.. and i don't wanna repair it right now and my question is alternatively if a use a usb with headphone jack does it work??

Solution
what you are looking for is likely a "usb soundcard" which only has a microphone and headphone jack.

USB-to-Headset-Microphone-PC-Sound-Card-Adapter-P10726934.jpg

this will bypass the internal soundcard on your laptop and allow you to use your current headphones or headset. of course the model pictured is a cheap, relatively low quality unit which while it works isnt really audiophile quality. it should be compareable to most average laptop sound though. if you want something of better quality then there are more expensive and better external soundcards you can buy.

as an alternative you could buy a new "usb" headset if the device you are connecting was a headset... but if...
what you are looking for is likely a "usb soundcard" which only has a microphone and headphone jack.

USB-to-Headset-Microphone-PC-Sound-Card-Adapter-P10726934.jpg

this will bypass the internal soundcard on your laptop and allow you to use your current headphones or headset. of course the model pictured is a cheap, relatively low quality unit which while it works isnt really audiophile quality. it should be compareable to most average laptop sound though. if you want something of better quality then there are more expensive and better external soundcards you can buy.

as an alternative you could buy a new "usb" headset if the device you are connecting was a headset... but if you were using headphones then i would say that an external soundcard is a better option.

Solution