Headphones 3.5mm Jack doesn't work on PC But Works on Mobile

Alexis92

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014
Well i am a bit disappointed that my skullcandy doesn't work on my computer when i plug it in at the back side and also the front side of my PC, this was working before but i have mistakenly removed an audio device in the control panel > sounds.

i need some help, i love skullcandy when it comes to music then i switch to my other headphones (usb) when i'm gaming it works on mobile but doesn't work on PC.

i tried settings the realtek as default audio device and when i plug in the headphones not a single new device pops up only 2 realteks stay there and it says on the realtek software that i plugged in something new, but i don't hear anything.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
What kind of computer do you have? Is it custom built or an OEM?

That information will help to determine the sound card in your system.

Also what version of Windows?

Alexis92

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014

Windows 10, if you mean the computer was built on my own yes. i use the on board sound thing that came with my motherboard, the Gigabyte z87-d3hp

Alexis92

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014
what you mean volume controls? i even checked this on the device manager then when i plug in and then out nothing much changes.

americanbrian

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
The realtek software detects the headset being plugged in. This means that the sound card is functioning. There are at least 5 volume controls for various devices on windows usually (mic, speakers, hdmi, spdif, etc etc etc.) Check that you have the headset volume turned up. If you do play a song or something and try wiggling the jack gently and see if it is simply a bad connection.