Headphones Disconnect Momentarily When Shocked by Static Electricity, Should I Worry?

PirateGaming

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
I live in New York City, and its relatively cold here, so i have to wear socks and other paraphernalia that can cause static build-up. I'm on my computer often and i fidget a bit move around and the static is discharged into my headphones and disconnects them momentarily and i fear destroying my 3.5 mm jack or my headphones. Should i buy something like a static bracelet? or do i have absolutely nothing to fear? Either way I'd like to get something to stop the headphones from disconnecting as it gets annoying in Skype calls and Teamspeak as i have to reconnect to calls and servers.

-Thank you to all who took the time to view my post and reply! :)

Edit1: Minor grammar error

Solution
You could try something like this
http://
If you do a search on Amazon you will also find different sizes..
Just a thought but you could actually place it on the floor with your feet on it .
You do need to attach the lead with a croc clip on it to a grounded point,your computer case would work for this.

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
You might think about an antistatic desk mat,that way when typing or moving your mouse you will be constantly discharging yourself so the static will never build up and it will not constrain you like a wrist strap.

PirateGaming

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm not very educated in anti-static mats, is there maybe something you can recommend, a guide, or reputable company? Thanks!

makkem

Distinguished
You could try something like this
http://
If you do a search on Amazon you will also find different sizes..
Just a thought but you could actually place it on the floor with your feet on it .
You do need to attach the lead with a croc clip on it to a grounded point,your computer case would work for this.

Solution

PirateGaming

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013

Thanks a lot, i really apprecieate your input! :D