Headphones for $130 or less

flamefire999

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Right now I have turtle beach PX22's and they were good but they are uncomfortable after wearing them for a couple hours. I was looking for some good headphones but everyone keeps on recommending headphones that are $200+. I saw the HyperX Cloud are $80 on Amazon and I was going to buy those until I saw the Audio Technica AT-M50S. They're $130 and people seem to like them. I won't be using the microphone so if it has a microphone it needs to be removable. Also if it's possible I would prefer analog with a closed back design.

Solution
Specs: "headphone amplifiers are also integrated at three analog output ports (port-D/port-E/port-F)".
I suggest testing firstly the headphones with the onboard.

Rainbows

Estimable
Feb 22, 2015
I have the Hyper X cloud pro and they are crazy comfortable with a detachable mic sound quality is really good ( wouldn't say amazing). Had the Razer Tiamats on sale for 180 at the time and price for performance the HyperX cloud takes it.

flamefire999

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I think I'm going to get the ATH-M50S then. Should I get a sound card? I have a crappy motherboard and I'm using that but everyone says that you need to get a sound card for headphones to sound good.