Solved! Headphones for around 150€

Most_Wanted_Potato

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Hello I am buying a first pair of better headphones for around 150€. I am looking for a superior build quality, great sound, closed back design and if possible low in empadence since I don't have an amp. I listen to basically every genre of music. So far I have come across Sony MDR-1a ,Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro (both 80 and 250 ohm version), Audio technica Ath m40x and m50x and Sennheiser hd 569. Can someone please help me with my decision since I don't know much about audio. I am also open to any other sugestions if you know for any other pair that is also good but it is still in that price range.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
D
I haven't really read anything about the Sennheiser 569 I think that's a new one. The 80 ohm DT 770 Pro is well regarded and don't have the treble spike issues of most Beyer cans. The ATH - M40X is probably a good choice. The M50X isn't liked as much by most reviewers even though they're popular.

Here's a review of the MDR 1A. It's Zeos so it probably contains NSFW language.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45dU4WnD_LA&feature=youtu.be"][/video]

They were on sale for $150 not long ago. I was tempted to get a pair.
D

Deleted member 217926

The Sony MDR 1A would be my choice out of those listed. Warm and bassy and very comfortable from what I've read.

Most_Wanted_Potato

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Thanks for your reply. I have heard from people that Sony's are really bass heavy. I would like to have some bass but not so much that it blurs mids and highs. So do you think I would be better if I had gone with something else then Sony's?

D

Deleted member 217926

I haven't really read anything about the Sennheiser 569 I think that's a new one. The 80 ohm DT 770 Pro is well regarded and don't have the treble spike issues of most Beyer cans. The ATH - M40X is probably a good choice. The M50X isn't liked as much by most reviewers even though they're popular.

Here's a review of the MDR 1A. It's Zeos so it probably contains NSFW language.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45dU4WnD_LA&feature=youtu.be"][/video]

They were on sale for $150 not long ago. I was tempted to get a pair.

Solution

Most_Wanted_Potato

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Thank you for your answer. I have already watched Zeos review of the mdr1a and also listened to the sound demo but I think I will go with Beyerdynamic because they look like they are built like a tank which is important to me.