Headphones for the V-MODA BoomPro under 100$

Sprulius

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016
I'd like to buy some headphones around 100$ that will work with the V-MODA BoomPro microphone. I like bass a bit more than mids and highs, and I am going to game and listen to music while wearing these. Any suggestions?

Solution
yes dt770 is higher in price (lowest i saw was about $135) but given that you wanted to both game and have bass its a fitting product. not many bassy closed cans have good soundstage for cheap and not many open cans which do have soundstage have bass. your choice if its out of budget.

yes you asked and i gave you a budget option.. superlux headphones are way under $100 and from what i've read some use 3.5mm ports. i also gave you a link to some that other users said may work as well. its hard for anyone to know each and every single headphone, especially budget options which are more bad than good most times.

qh90 is a takstar pro-80 knockoff/clone like the hyper x cloud as far as i'm aware and have read. while its not going to beat...
since you want bassy but still want to be able to game well with them... i'd suggest a dt770-pro-80 with a modmic instead. v-shaped signature with plenty of bass yet still good treble so its not too bad for games. despite being closed it has decent soundstaging. modmic is more of a universal product than the boompro.

of course the vmoda headphones will work

what would work with a boompro? any headphone which has a detachable cable using a 3.5mm jack on the headphone would work with them although some may not have it in the ideal placement for the mic.

some headphones that may work http://www.head-fi.org/t/532991/what-headphones-use-a-detachable-cord-with-3-5mm-plugs-at-both-ends
the new m50x might have 3.5mm on the headphone side but i'm not sure. they are small soundstage so not any better than using a vmoda headphone though for gaming.

the hd518 series will not work (they use 2.5mm)

you could always mod a 3.5mm jack into any headphone to use a boompro.. but getting a modmic... or if you're after somethign cheapo... the moovmic would be easier

i never was a fan of crud sticking off the bottom of headphones like that. its far too easy to snap off the plug in the headphones that way.

Sprulius

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016

That is kind of out of my budget. :/ I asked for headphones under 100$. But if there are no cheap headphones with detachable 3.5mm cable, then I guess I'll go for the Modmic. It's just that I've read about the Modmic and that the cable is too long and 2 cables makes everything messy, but i guess I have no choice.

yes dt770 is higher in price (lowest i saw was about $135) but given that you wanted to both game and have bass its a fitting product. not many bassy closed cans have good soundstage for cheap and not many open cans which do have soundstage have bass. your choice if its out of budget.

yes you asked and i gave you a budget option.. superlux headphones are way under $100 and from what i've read some use 3.5mm ports. i also gave you a link to some that other users said may work as well. its hard for anyone to know each and every single headphone, especially budget options which are more bad than good most times.

qh90 is a takstar pro-80 knockoff/clone like the hyper x cloud as far as i'm aware and have read. while its not going to beat hifi headphones in quality its better than some mass marketed gaming headsets at least but not as good as things like the game one. i'd say it should be comparable to hyper x cloud based on what i've heard at least.

game one = hd518/558/598 + mic. not extremely bassy (more neutral) but its a decent budget choice.

Solution