Headphones not working

Marielle_1

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016
I just got an acer aspire es 14, running windows 10. Realtek dont recognize my headphones no matter what I do. I have already tried several remedies like reinstalling realtek but none of which had worked for me. Please suggest a possible solution to this... Thankyou.

Do the headphones work on another computer?

Do other headphones work on your Acer?

Need to determine if the problem is the headphones or the computer.

Also have you right-clicked the little speaker icon on the screen - probably lower right corner. Do so and maker sure that the correct playback device for your headphones is selected and with the volume up and/or not muted.

Marielle_1

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016

Yes my headphones works well with other device. I've tried other headphones on my acer and none had worked... And yes, I've checked it all, my laptop's not muted. Everytime I try playing audio with the headphones plugged in (the laptop), the laptop's built in speakers work instead.

Headphones ok, Acer headphone connector not okay.

Do the laptop speakers also work without the headphones plugged in or only when the headphones are plugged in?

Do you see both the laptop speakers and headphone port in the Playback device list?

If yes, to either or both, place the mouse cursor on the icon and right-click, select Properties.

You should see additional information and configuration options for both devices. Serveral tabs with some advanced settings. Take a look.

Marielle_1

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016

Laptop speakers work with or without the headphones plugged in... Only the laptop speakers are seen in the playback device list.Disconnected and disabled devices are checked

May be a problem with the laptop then. Usually, as you probably know, plugging in headphones override the built-in speakers. That is not working and does not seem to be software or configuraton related.

Is the Acer under any warranty? Can you go back to the place of purchase for a possible repair?