Headphones plugged in but they dont work

c0rza1r23

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017
Some update got installed on my pc, and since then my headphones dont work.
In the sound settings and realtek manager it shows that speakers are actually plugged in, not headphones. Im using a4tech bloody g500.

tsnor

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
windows 10? IS the output device set to headphones ? Right click the vol control in lower right, click playback devices, click your headphone (or sound card that drives the headphones) then click set default.

Or google "troubleshoot win10 headphones" for about 80K videos showing various ways to get headphones working.

tsnor

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008

Looks like there's a scroll bar, and that you are at the bottom of the list. What do you see when you scroll up?

The headphone jack detection that something is plugged in can get flakey. Do you have both front and back output jacks? If so try the headset in the other jack. If not try wiggling the jack gently in the headphone socket.

I agree, but I also notice that your "NVidia driver is using the sound, unless your using hdmi sound, I would suggest disabling such device, and right click on one of the items on the playback devices and set your view to see disabled devices, in case your headphone have been.
xEDypmk.png

c0rza1r23

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017
There is no scroll bar. And yes, i did try both back and front jacks.
Also, when i tried to play music this appeared: https://imgur.com/QM4GvPE
Same thing happens when i try to play it with some other music players...
Oh, btw i tried plugging in some earbuds and speakers but neither worked.

tsnor

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Since an update triggered this.... goto device manager, open "sound, video, ...", right click realtek, click properties, try rollback driver.

If the rollback driver is greyed out, DELETE the realtek device in device manager. Reboot. Win10 will detect the sound chip and reinstall it on the reboot.

Maybe the driver installed was a problem. Good luck.

c0rza1r23

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017

Thanks for all your help, but ive already solved the problem by downgrading my w10 to older version. The headphones are working now, tho realtek still displays them as speakers.

May 1, 2018
Hey, I feel your pain. The solution for me ended up being to download and install this driver (Creative Malcolm chip+Recon3Di AP Driver). https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=G340X

As soon as I installed and rebooted, the issue resolved.

Note: I have a Windows 7 Alienware that I upgraded to Windows 10. The problems started when I upgraded. This driver says it is for Windows 7 & 8, but installing it on my upgraded-to-windows-10 system allowed me to stay with Windows 10 and fix the problem as well.