headset & 2.1 speakers

FatalRob

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015
hello community!

I just bought a pair of Sennheiser game one headset for my PC.i also have Klipsch Promedia 2.1 BT set-up.my question is as follows.since the game one's use 3.5m jack,is it possible to have both set up simultaneously?i like using my speakers for music and my head-set for gaming.

my mother board is an asus z97 ar..obviously with these can's its recommended to get a amp as well.so,should I buy a new sound card? if so,5.1 or 7.1? any suggestions more then welcomed! also what type of amp would you recommend and sound card?

thank-you

ps. if it is possible, how do I hook both up together since they both use 3.5m jacks.thx

lastly,i decided to go with the Creative Sound Blaster E3 AMP

Chugalug_

Estimable
Erm, I don't mean to alarm you ,but if you're in the US there is currently a fantastic deal on the Sennheiser PC 350 SEs which I would say actually sound better than the Game Ones for $78. (I own the Game Zeros and have tried both).
You don't need a sound card with those, the impedance is only 50 Ohms, but if you were to buy one go with the Asus Xonar DX or the Creative Sound Blaster 2 USB sound card, you don't need much more.
Don't bother with any of that fancy 5.1, 7.1 stuff, just use stereo, sounds pretty much identical lol.
One just forces audio through different channels.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106638

FatalRob

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015
thx for replying.i forgot to ask,and sorry,but if I buy a creative sound blaster E3 external USB sound card,do I actually need to buy a internal soundcard?sorry again.