Headset doesn't sound right on front panel, 3 connector rings on headset.

DASMANgaming

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
I have a headset, that has 3 rings on it, the headset was designed for ps4 (as that allows for both headphones and mic on one). Now the issue isn't using both, but rather, using the headphones.

When plugged into my front port the headset is recognised, however, it sounds horrid, the back panel audio is fine (but cable is too short for that.) The only fix I have found is setting one channel to 0 while the other is on 100 but that still sounds like crap.

Any fixes for this?

audie-tron25

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015
Sounds odd that it works fine on the back panel but not the front. It shouldn't matter that it uses a tri-pole 3.5mm, aux plugs are designed so that it will work on a dual-pole socket but the microphone would not be usable. I use my Hyperx Cloud Core's (with a tri-pole plug) on my desktop all the time no problems (except no microphone obviously). Have you tried with any other headphones to make sure that the socket is the problem? Also, what headphones are they?

Can you also make sure that your front panel audio plug (should be the HD AUDIO plug) is plugged in properly on the connection?

DASMANgaming

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014

It is plugged in correctly on the connector.
Tried other headphones, all do it if 3 ringed. For headphones which without mics sound fine in the port, but they aren't nearly as good as my headset.