Headset for Gaming and music (<170$)

GeForze

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015
Hello!

After 2 years with the Steelseries Siberia v2, They broke (one side isn't working anymore), I want to buy new headphones which are not SS since I heard that most of them aren't worth the price and I want to try something new, I mostly play games, I play Counter Strike and surround sound is very important for me, I do not listen to music mainly through my PC and that's why I also want the headphones to be good for music, I don't listen to music with lots of basses (Power Metal, Heavy Metal, Alternative Metal, Progressive Metal etc..) So I need the headphones to fit this kind of music.
Problem is, My budget isn't very big and it maxes 170$ (not including delivery!)
I am not from the US and I just need the name of the headphones and not a shop.
I also want that the headphones will be sitting around my ears and not on them like the SS Sv2

The options I've found so far were :

Sennheiser PC 323D

Something about Sennheiser makes me always think their stuff is the best for my price, however when I look on their headphones (looks, not specifications) and then I compare it with the other companies I'm like "nah.." because they always look not very powerful or strong but rather made of weak plastic, small, not comfortable and all I can rely on is what you have to say about these.

Corsair H1500 - A lot of people say they're not comfortable, or breaking really fast, and I see that the mic isn't very good, And another guy said that the 50mm speakers aren't very good for gaming because they're too big.

Logitech G430
This pair of headphones really broke the internet, Some people say that those are very good, comfortable, made of good material and in a good way, and that the mic is very good, Other people say that they are breaking really fast, especially the top piece, that they are too small and just uncomfortable, I saw also comments saying that the mic is bad and the USB itself is a problem.

Sorry for the long post, I'd make a potato out of my SS v2 but I still need them :ange:

Xibyth

Estimable
Mar 22, 2014
I agree with ben on this one. Though I would like to note Sennheiser makes some very durable stuff, it's kind of their trade mark to have high build quality and excellent audio. But analog audio is the way to go with surround.

Xibyth

Estimable
Mar 22, 2014

That really depends on how you feel about analog and digital. The issue with the sennheiser set your looking at is the audio is digital, which mean the surround sound is not accurate and can create confusion for you in game. At that rate you would be better off with a stereo headset. The Roccat set is analog, but the audio quality and build quality are reduced in comparison. It really depends on which is more important. To be honest you could do better doing a pair of headphones and a separate mic.

ben001

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013
This may not suit your budget but if you want spend, you can't go wrong with it. That's all you need.
:http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/pc-363d-surround-sound-gaming-headset

GeForze

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015
Can't spend so much money sadly, Got things to pay first /:
-
I do not have a problem with buying just headphones without a mic, if there are any good ones with a good shipment (stuff tends to break with the shipment to my country .-.) Like Amazon or Massdrop, Any good models I should check?

ben001

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013

Though you will miss that headset & Roccat could be a better deal or might try chroma 7.1 by razer, G35/G930 by logitech.

GeForze

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015
I hate the chroma thing, Too much money just to control these led lights, I don't know I just don't like Razer.
G930 is wireless, It looks nice but I never had good experience with wireless stuff /:
I can get the G35 in a lower price, But I see many bad reviews about them /:
Should I just buy the Roccat Kave Analog, It costs a lot but it looks great and the reviews are pretty nice..

ben001

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013

I have no experience with razer products but heard many positive reviews about them. I'm pretty much familiar with gaming gadgets as an ex-fps gamer. Played lot of tournaments with different teams at lan. I understand the priority very well especially regarding sounds (headsets), like i said roccat could be a better deal or you can try another alternative: logitech G35 , a great headset can't say about music how hard you listen but overall it delivers a significant output.

GeForze

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015
I'll check the G35 but one last questions about the Roccat Kave XTD Analog, I see that it has 4 3.5mm and 1 usb connections, But my motherboard has only 3x3.5mm jacks, line in, line out, and mic, However my Motherboard manual says that it supports 5.1 surround, How.. ?
If I won't be able to connect these I'll probably go with the G35..
edit: And if I cannot connect the Analog, Will the Digital version be better than the G35 ?

GeForze

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015
The cheapest I found was 73$, I don't think I'll be able to pay that price when buying the headphones.. However a 5.1 sound card costs less and I might be able to afford it, will it make much difference if I'll buy the 5.1 sound card? or if I'll just buy the digital pair instead? it will save me the sound card..

ben001

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013
Try to get this one : https://www.asus.com/uk/Sound/Xonar_D2X/. I'm less sure about availability of this product in the market right now, if you find one then it would be great. It costs nearly $75.

Good luck !

TRENDING THREADS