Headset has one Aux line that shares both audio + mic but mic doesn't work?

Shift Focus

Estimable
Jun 19, 2014
My gf bought an axxent wear cat ears headset from Brookstone and we can't seem to get the microphone to work at all. We plugged the single aux jack from the headset into the headset jack on the computer case and all we can do is hear the sound, can't talk on the microphone. On the other hand, if we plug it into the microphone jack on the computer case we can't hear sound but we know its working because we see on team speak on the tester that it's making noise.

This is confusing and any help would be greatly appreciated!

BlooQAzure

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
I've had my Axent Wear since launch, but only recently bought a splitter to try to use it as a gaming headset on my PC (hoping it will pick up less background "chatter" than the mic on my webcam).

Alas I'm still having issues: it picks up that there's a mic connected, but it seems to be using the left speaker as the mic rather than the actual boom mic itself.

EDIT:
After hours of fiddling around with this, I somehow sorted it out by randomly unplugging the cable/mic from the headset, plugging them back in, and pessing the buttons on the in-line cable.. go figure.. xD