Headset jack too big for port?

Aug 19, 2018
I just bought a new gaming laptop - the Dell G5. I've been using a pair of Razer Kraken Pro Neon headphones for a couple of years now, and I love them, but with my new laptop, they aren't usable. The headset comes with an extension cord with a mic/headphone split, and my laptop only has one port. Even after I removed the split extension, the regular jack is too big for the laptop as well. I've been trying to find an adapter, but it's difficult because I'm unsure of the exact measurements of the jack and the port. Can anyone tell me which adapter I should get? All I know is that the jack has 3 rings on it, and only 2 fit inside the laptop port.

Solution
I will assume both the jack as well as the plug are 4-poles connectors to accommodate mic, so they should work but the dang plug just doesn't go in all the way.

I would go into the auto parts store and buy the smallest tube of dielectric grease, and use that on the plug, u just need very little, like barely to coat the tip with it. Try if that makes it go in all the way.
I will assume both the jack as well as the plug are 4-poles connectors to accommodate mic, so they should work but the dang plug just doesn't go in all the way.

I would go into the auto parts store and buy the smallest tube of dielectric grease, and use that on the plug, u just need very little, like barely to coat the tip with it. Try if that makes it go in all the way.

Solution