Headset mic moved to other part of headset? UPDATE: Fixed. Dumb mistake

Apr 7, 2018
Okay, so I have a chinese knockoff headset "Kotion each model G1000". It was working fine about a week ago, but all of a sudden, the mic stopped working. It did make a sound when I flipped the mic switch on the headset. After checking all the settings and restarting my computer, I noticed the sound spiked when I tapped the side of the headset. I did some testing and it looks like the mic is picking up from the left ear rather than the mic sitting in front of my face. How can I fix that so I can use it properly?

UPDATE: It's now not working entirely. I opened it up with a screwdriver, quickly realised I have NO CLUE what I'm doing, then closed it back up.

Solution
I figured out what happened. I actually just ended up turning off the port monitoring function somehow. My computer was registering the mic as a line-in instead. I set it to microphone and it works just fine now.
Apr 7, 2018
I figured out what happened. I actually just ended up turning off the port monitoring function somehow. My computer was registering the mic as a line-in instead. I set it to microphone and it works just fine now.

Solution