sn0zb0z

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
Hi.

A couple of days ago my headset was working fine.

I unplugged my printer and my speakers started buzzing. I plugged in some other things, but nothing to do with the computer, which is why I unplugged the printer.

I put the headset mic jack in and tried to record but the only thing is recorded was the loud buzzing of the speakers.

The headphones work fine. The speakers now are fine. No settings were changed. However, the mic now doesn't work - no sound is recorded. The mic doesn't seem to be on (there is no way of turning it off on the headset itself), but the computer recognises when the jack has been plugged in.

The mic is enabled under recording devices.

I don't know what's gone wrong. How can I get my mic working again?

Thanks.

Solution

Sounds like the cable or mic itself is broken . If it's brand new you might as well RMA and save yourself a few headaches later down the road.

sn0zb0z

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013

It's a new headset that was working fine until my speakers went odd.

What kind of converter cable?

Any other way to test it that won't require anything else?

Sounds like the cable or mic itself is broken . If it's brand new you might as well RMA and save yourself a few headaches later down the road.

Solution

sn0zb0z

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013

It's the mic itself. I'll be contacting the seller about it.

Guess it wasn't the speakers after all! Just assumed it was as they're old and make random noises every now and then. Mic just went at an odd time when I was unplugging and plugging things in.

Thanks for replying :)