Solved! Headset Mic not working

ClownGuy

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
Hello, I just bought a logitech g230 gaming headset that comes with a mic, the audio is fine but the microphone doesn't work at all and is not showing up in Recording or Playback devices. Anyone can help? thank you.

Solution
The adapter, was it a USB adapter? I ask because if you got a 3.5mm adapter (one that is 3.5mm on both ends) that won't work. It has to be one that lets you plug a 3.5mm plug into it on one end, and then the other end is a USB you plug into the USB port on the computer.
It is completely possible that the port you are trying to use it in is output only rather than output/input which is what you would need for a mic/headset combo.

Before doing anything, test the headset in another device that you know for sure works as both input and output. Say a smartphone? If the headset and mic work there, then you know it isn't the problem. However, if it doesn't work right in the phone either, the headset may be the problem and you would need to return/exchange it.

Now if the laptops port is actually output only, then you have three options...

1. Purchase an adapter that will take the 3.5mm input/output plug from the headset/mic combo and turn it into a USB connection.

2. Return the headset/mic combo and get one that comes with a USB connection already (no 3.5mm).

3. Keep using it without the mic working, so you would only get sound through the laptops internal mic.

Note: If the port says it is supposed to be both input & output, then I would check on if the laptop is still under warranty. If it is, get them to repair it for you. If it isn't, then you would need someone to replace the port.

ClownGuy

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
I've tested it out and it worked fine on my other computer, so it is not the headphones itself, I bought an adapter and plugged it in but it didn't fix nothing. Anything else I can do?

The adapter, was it a USB adapter? I ask because if you got a 3.5mm adapter (one that is 3.5mm on both ends) that won't work. It has to be one that lets you plug a 3.5mm plug into it on one end, and then the other end is a USB you plug into the USB port on the computer.

Solution

ClownGuy

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017

Okay, I am going to buy the USB adapter ill let you know if it works