Headset Mic only works with USB dongle

Jun 22, 2018
I've tried reading through here to see if I can find a similar problem but everyone seems to be fixed by very simple stuff I've already tried.

So I have an MSI GE72 Apache Pro with dual headphone/Mic ports. Typically use Kingston HyperX Cloud II headset with USB dongle and it works just fine. I recently switched to Beyerdynamix MMX 300(2nd gen) which came with a combo cable and a dual jack cable. However, using either cable, under recording devices no Mic is shown only the default built in laptop Mic which continues to operate with the headset plugged in. On playback devices the headset doesn't show up either. I've used other usb headsets (steel series arctis) and had no problems. I've also used other 3.5mm headsets and the Mic still doesn't work. I've update drivers and everything! Any ideas?

Solution
Looked in the Amazon mmx300 section hmm they said u need to plug it in in! Till u hear a click to make sure that the whole thing is in because it's running on 3 pin.

I'm interested in the mmx 300 too! Should I get it? Currently using Beoplay H2

HamsterKing

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015
Looked in the Amazon mmx300 section hmm they said u need to plug it in in! Till u hear a click to make sure that the whole thing is in because it's running on 3 pin.

I'm interested in the mmx 300 too! Should I get it? Currently using Beoplay H2

Solution