Headset only plays through left ear on PC, works fine on phone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

poptart999

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Hi, so my headset started being wonky a few weeks ago. When I tried to use it on my PC one day, it would only play out of the left ear. I wondered if the headset was broken but when I plugged it into my phone, it worked perfectly. I tried all the obvious stuff like plugging it in a different USB port but got nothing different. I think I disabled it somehow on my PC. Any suggestions?

http://us.creative.com/p/gaming-headsets/sound-blaster-tactic3d-rage-usb link to headset

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Try this

Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> manage audio devices>under the playback tab click on the device you're using from the list shown> properties> levels>balance> you should see two sliders for the left and right side of your headset.

See if one of them is on zero (muted).

JonasHoj

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016

Is this a headset with a jack for mic and one for sound?

Eduard Alexandru

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016

Only one jack.But I find it troublesome, because if I don't push it all the way, then the mic won't work. So you have to choose, either one headset and mic or both headsets.

das_caretaker

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016
Thank you! All it took was some fiddling around with the jack. :bounce:

Stephen_69

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016

Thank you so much this worked for me!!! :D Had some music and movies planned for tonight. My face when one side of my headset stopped working :fou:

Cameron_15

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
Hey, I've done the in till 3 and it works but keeps popping out randomnly and I don't want my gangster rap to blare in my room and my parents get all confused. Any ideas on how to keep it in that certain spot?? Also I'm using Razer Kraken Pro headset.

Kimberly_25

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
I have the same brand laptop and the same thing is happening with my headset. I did the same thing as you did. Tried others and they have the same issue but they work just fine on my phone and on another laptop. It is driving me crazy because I need background music while I study. I have no solution but am looking for any advise on how to fix the problem.

Drina007

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016
I had the same problem a few minutes ago and tried some of what the guys below said and didn't work either, I had 100% on both, I banged just above the jack port 3 times a bit hard and all started work fine again xD I probably had something not in the right place form the inside but seems working just as normal now

Status
Not open for further replies.