Headset picking up static from Motherboard

SWC_Blaze

Estimable
Jan 25, 2016
Hello there folks, my Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 has recently started to pick up static from my motherboard. I say motherboard because my headphone is connected to the back off the motherboard, as I have no soundcard. And recently it's been really bad with a heavy amount of noise going through the headset and now my voice isn't being pickuped by the microphone, and is looping back in-game audio, with also some distortion and noise. Am I right to assume that the microphone has been killed, and I need to buy a new headset?

My specifications are:
Mobo: Asus Maximus VII Hero
CPU: i7 4790k
GPU: MSI Twin Razor GTX 970

If I need to add in anymore specifications such as any SSDs, HDDs, Mobo casing, heat sinks and any more peripherals then I will try.

Solution
Have you tried the P11 on another system? If the problem replicates then that would mean the headset has a problem.

Otherwise: Plug the P11 in as usual making sure that the 3.5 mm plug is secure and not wiggly or loose.

Then do some easy twisting and bending of the wire starting at the plug and working towards the headset. See if you can find a point where the static increases or decreases. Looking for a bad or broken wire along the way. Holding a bad spot steady is likely to stop or decrease the static.

If not, then look inside your case and check the audio jack for tightness and/or some loose connection.
Have you tried the P11 on another system? If the problem replicates then that would mean the headset has a problem.

Otherwise: Plug the P11 in as usual making sure that the 3.5 mm plug is secure and not wiggly or loose.

Then do some easy twisting and bending of the wire starting at the plug and working towards the headset. See if you can find a point where the static increases or decreases. Looking for a bad or broken wire along the way. Holding a bad spot steady is likely to stop or decrease the static.

If not, then look inside your case and check the audio jack for tightness and/or some loose connection.

Solution