Uzbek90

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015
Hey guys, I bought new headphones Sennheiser HD 558 and sound card Asus xonar u7,
Compared to the gaming headsets I had in the past - Razer tiamat 7.1, corsair vengeance and roccat kave 5.1, the new headphone's sound is EPIC, the sound card has built in apps make it even better.
With all that I wonder, can any gaming headset offer better sound ?

Solution
There are the luxury headsets, but usually the straight up headphones have better sound than any headset. The sound especially from the true circumaureal headphones and headsets cannot easily (or at all) duplicate the quality and quantity of sound that 2 dedicated high quality drivers of a 2 channel headset is based around versus the many smaller drivers that any true 3d audio headphones/set would see. The luxury items are the exception once price considerations go out the window.

Gaming headsets and headphones also suffer from the need to cater to multiple categories of games. Headphones suffer the same, but again, it is easier to develop a great 2 channel headset than one much more complicated. There are headsets better suited...

dwatterworth

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
There are the luxury headsets, but usually the straight up headphones have better sound than any headset. The sound especially from the true circumaureal headphones and headsets cannot easily (or at all) duplicate the quality and quantity of sound that 2 dedicated high quality drivers of a 2 channel headset is based around versus the many smaller drivers that any true 3d audio headphones/set would see. The luxury items are the exception once price considerations go out the window.

Gaming headsets and headphones also suffer from the need to cater to multiple categories of games. Headphones suffer the same, but again, it is easier to develop a great 2 channel headset than one much more complicated. There are headsets better suited to FPS, FPS fantasy, rpg, strategy etc etc. It all depends which frequency ranges need to be optimized for.

Solution