Headsets vs Surround speakers (creative inspire t6160) for ps4

shuhei

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
hi

so i dont know if i should buy the corsair void stereo
https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-Surround-Headset-CA-9011146-NA/dp/B01L3J23L0

or the creative inspire t6160 5.1 surround to game with. i dont do much online gaming, so dont need a mic that badly.
also i dont mind turning up my speakers, my parents dont mind.
my main worry is sound quality and soundstage/surround effects. not sure if creative speakers sound good, and i dont have a budget supporting logitech or proper home theatre.

on a side note, will the corsair headsets usb adapter work with the ps4 to give surround sound? might help me decide

Solution
Always a speaker setup over headphones mate if you have the room & ability to use one.

Foe sound stage & directional audio not even the best (most expensive) headphone setup will match even a fairly budget speaker set .

Re ps4 compatibility - I doubt that the usb will work on ps4 , the headphones will just work in standard stereo.
Always a speaker setup over headphones mate if you have the room & ability to use one.

Foe sound stage & directional audio not even the best (most expensive) headphone setup will match even a fairly budget speaker set .

Re ps4 compatibility - I doubt that the usb will work on ps4 , the headphones will just work in standard stereo.

Solution