Hearing all my of friend's audio during voice chat, including my voice and his music

Saluhmann

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Hi,

I recently tried to use voice chat programs with my friends while we played some Counter Strike : GO, but for some reason sounds on his part were transmitted equally to him and to me. While conversing, I heard my own voice back very clearly with a 1 second delay, as well as his music playing through iTunes or his Facebook notifications beeps. We had the exact same problem with both Xfire and Steam integrated voice chat, which leads to think that the source is either the headset itself or some sort of volume properties.

My instinct tells me that we should use in the settings in Control Panel/Sound/Recording/Properties, but I don't know the ins and outs of the advanced options in there. Unchecking ''Listen to this device'' is a given, but apart from that, I'm lost.

Link to his headset if it accounts for anything: http://.
I'm personally using the webcam integrated to my laptop, never had any problems with anybody else.

Thank you

2x4b

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
Tell your buddy that "his mic is open, please use push to talk, or you are going to have to mute him".
And tell him to use headphones and a mic rather than loudspeakers