Heat question?

Hcu

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
Hey, So i bought a new Asus K53SV series laptop. It's been 2 days however something caught my attention. It's idle Temperature is 50 C with Notepal U2 cooling pad. While gaming it exceeds 80 C. GPU even gets to 90! I hope i don't have to send it for repairs i spent hours customizing it.

What else can i do to cool it off? Thermal paste? Its 2 days old I'm pretty sure there is no dust.

Specs: Windows 7 64Bit Home premium
Ram: 4Gb + 4Gb installed seperatly.
Processor: I5 2430M
GPU: GT540M

check to see that your bios is up to date..with laptop the bios and or software controls onboard fans speeds. i would check the power settings and turn them to perfroamce and or check to see if you can turn the fans on or up faster. if you did and the temps are staying there see if the vendor has a fan test program that you can check to see that the fans on your laptop are working.

Hcu

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012

I am using a cooling pad. The notepad U2. Still I believe these temps are high for a new laptop. Thanks though.

Hcu

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012

Well I better learn how to update bios. I did change the fan speed in the advanced power settings but it didn't help. How else can I change my fan speeds or check them?

kelthic

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
As noted by smorizio, check to make sure your bios is up date. Also, you could use a software program to force a more aggressive cooling profile on your laptop.

Well I better learn how to update bios. I did change the fan speed in the advanced power settings but it didn't help. How else can I change my fan speeds or check them?

You'd be surprised at how many times it come up where people are not using laptop coolers while gaming, so that's sort of become a standard response, sorry.

Hcu

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012

You're right, laptop cooling pads are necessary if you're gaming and don't want your laptop to meltdown. Those coolers make a big difference. I'm researching on how to update my bios and a program to increase the fan speed at the moment