Hello All. Need help choosing laptop.

Motaal

Estimable
Sep 15, 2014
I hope everyone having a good day."

I had a hand me down mac book pro that lived a good 5 years, but sadly croaked. I used to have a gaming rig as well, but no longer have possession of it. I'm looking for a replacement work/school/gaming rig, but sadly at the meantime under a budget of 1000. I can swing another hundred or two, but it has to prove worth it.

Im open to all suggestions and advice. I've been researching for quite some time. went through alot of brands picking and choosing, but still open to any suggestions.

1. What is your budget?
My max is $1300, but I'd really like to keep it under $100.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Anywhere from 13-15.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Honestly, Something clean and crisp, I typically will use an exterior monitor when using the device heavily, so not too picky.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Fill in for both. I don't mind the weight.

5. How much battery life do you need?
I know for high performance, ill be limited, I Ill mostly have it wired up anyway.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
This is the most important part, This is the deciding factor for me. Anywhere from medium to high. I dont want ultra.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Heavy Gaming, multi display preformance.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I really want SSD storage for the speed. I can get by with 128 GB, but I'd like to option for expansion through an SD card slot. I can keep most of my files on USB or external storage.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I'll buy from anywhere (new, not used). I'd prefer somewhere that has a storefront, so I can just go and pick it up in store, but it's not super important to me.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-4 years of usage is what I expect to get from any laptop.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don't need any of these and I don't think anything portable would have them anyways.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'm stuck with 2 options that are already above my budget, hence I need help. either the Lenovo Y50, or, the Sager 7338. Both in Canada, with taxes and all will run me a good 1300+.. Im open to all suggestions..
13. What country do you live in?
Canada

14. Please tell us any additional information.

Id prefer an intel base, I 7, and nvidea GTX series.

Thank you so much for taking time to view my thread.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Buy from Sager direct and you can add the components you want.
You can't do that with Lenovo.

Sager allows you to use a Msata SSD + 1 hard drive + another harddrive if you don't need an optical drive. I priced with a 120 GB msata and 1 tb HD 1079.00

http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_customed&model_name=NP4658

The only area that Lenovo beats Sager is it allows you to purchase the 840M with 4 gb of ram.

Solution