Hello I am trying to run dual screen from my labtop to a digital TV and projector

nhayes36

Prominent
Aug 28, 2017
I have a projector that is currently analog but also has an HDMI port. I am trying to connect that and a flat screen to one computer so that the show the same output. There is a switcher and the laptop only has one video cord. I went to settings but it either ran in the TV and projector, or computer and tv, but not all three. I need help as to the proper way to connect all three.

Solution
You don't need an HDMI switcher. You need an HDMI distribution amplifier. It would have one input and two outputs.
If your "switcher" is a distribution amp then the problem might be that the displays have different video resolutions.
You could try USB HDMI video card to expand the number of HDMI outputs of your laptop. That might work better since you could then set the video resolution of each display.
You don't need an HDMI switcher. You need an HDMI distribution amplifier. It would have one input and two outputs.
If your "switcher" is a distribution amp then the problem might be that the displays have different video resolutions.
You could try USB HDMI video card to expand the number of HDMI outputs of your laptop. That might work better since you could then set the video resolution of each display.

Solution