Help! Adware/Browser Hijack

Mohan69

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Hello ,
I recently built a machine. The second day i switched it on , every site i browsed had an invisible layer of link on it. When i clicked on the page it redirected me to some ads. The site/adware is rdsrv.com it keeps irritating me. I have tried many tutorials on the net but none worked it keeps doing its deed. I have used malwarebytes , Norton power eraser , adwCleaner , Bitdefender adware remover but none worked. I even did a reset on my browser but the adware is still there. I received kaspersky 2013 edition with my motherboard but it doesn't work either. Pls pls pls help. I heard the adware can lock me out , browse my files and more stuff.

Solution
you have Malware... so Antivirus won't remove it, because it doesn't act like a virus, it just fools you (the overlay) to do things you shouldn't.

Go to www.filehippo.com, download Malwarebytes, go to CUSTOM Scan and set it to do a full system scan (by DEFAULT IT DOESN"T DO THAT, and AntiVirus doesn't pick up alot of malware) - this resolved almost ALL other similiar posts to date as most had Malware the AV didn't pick up.

Remove whatever AV your using and download AVIRA, AVG, Comodo or Panda go to CUSTOM Scan and set it to do a full system scan (by DEFAULT IT DOESN"T DO THAT) - this repeatedly has resolved alot of people issue relying on MS Essentials.

Repeat the AV/Malware scans till the system comes up clean.

Did you install...
you have Malware... so Antivirus won't remove it, because it doesn't act like a virus, it just fools you (the overlay) to do things you shouldn't.

Go to www.filehippo.com, download Malwarebytes, go to CUSTOM Scan and set it to do a full system scan (by DEFAULT IT DOESN"T DO THAT, and AntiVirus doesn't pick up alot of malware) - this resolved almost ALL other similiar posts to date as most had Malware the AV didn't pick up.

Remove whatever AV your using and download AVIRA, AVG, Comodo or Panda go to CUSTOM Scan and set it to do a full system scan (by DEFAULT IT DOESN"T DO THAT) - this repeatedly has resolved alot of people issue relying on MS Essentials.

Repeat the AV/Malware scans till the system comes up clean.

Did you install all Windows Updates? Including OPTIONAL except BING? Check them and repeat till ALL are installed.

Download and run Slim Drivers, install all the latest updates but you don't need to reboot until you do the last update

Go through and provide a response on each point, don't SKIP IT because "I ALREADY DID IT" , just try doing it again as of THIS post so we know NOW what is happening as compared to BEFORE you posted.

Solution

Mohan69

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

Do i need to run it from a pendrive or do i just need to get into safe mode and run the .exe from my hdd

Mohan69

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

I also just bought this expensive machine and i don't plan to buy an AV , could you pls recommend a good free to use AV?
And what are slim drivers?

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I've run it in Safe Mode from my hard drive.
Some malware blocks downloading, typically by modifying a setting in your browser; you can reset that to run your download.
For free anti-virus, I use either AVG (most often) or Avast.

I did, all the software there is free to use, and is safe. Slim Drivers looks for all the drivers in your PC checks them against the current list then tells you what needs to be updated. Maintaining a PC is very time consuming, and there is many times some 'little file' driver somewhere that doesn't get updated when you did other updates. I use it and hasn't failed since it only legitimately links to the makers files.

Malwarebytes I would run weekly to monthly manually. You can BUY it which would AUTOMATE the scan, otherwise you have to do it by hand as I listed.

Mohan69

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

Yes yes it was , I wasn't sure if it could be reversed.
i tried the rogue killer though i could not get into the safe mode because if i keep pressing f8 it sends me to Asus Bios and i don't know it nicely right now. When i ran a scan it showed some items and then i did delete. I tried opening the kickass torrents site and it didn't show any adware, i am not sure if it is gone or not but i hope it has.