(Help) Android Emulators

carlso6034

Estimable
Nov 3, 2014
Hi community.

In this thread I wanted to request your help for the best android emulators!
I have tried some of them like bluestacks and andy, but I would like to know if there is more.
With both of them I had problems.
With Bluestacks the app was oustanding, brilliant, but when it comes to game quality... they look horrible, it will be perfect if the games graphics are maxed out. :(
And with Andy later after I Installed it had infinite loading times it was laggy and never started :fou:

Solution
Don't expect perfect quality from an emulator. On real hardware, the game uses hardware acceleration to produce it's graphics. When emulated, all these calculations are done in software by the emulator, so they will be slow.

You might try to learn something by installing Android Development Toolkit. Among other things, you will find an emulator as well, and x86 target will work probably faster with your game.
Don't expect perfect quality from an emulator. On real hardware, the game uses hardware acceleration to produce it's graphics. When emulated, all these calculations are done in software by the emulator, so they will be slow.

You might try to learn something by installing Android Development Toolkit. Among other things, you will find an emulator as well, and x86 target will work probably faster with your game.

Solution

itmoba

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015
You might want to install HAXE as well. Another thing to explore is Genymotion; it's not the best, but it's much faster than most emulators. Personally, I have several android devices for development and testing, but I know that most people don't have this luxury.

The best place to start is to install Android Studio -- it's a hog and it needs to be tweaked, lest it test your patience.