Help! Asus laptop wont charge

Blackbobo95

Estimable
Sep 5, 2015
Help, im currently using an Asus Republic of Gamer Laptop G56J. Its only a year old and my laptop couldnt charge my battery even when its on or offed. Instead, it is depleting even when the laptop is shut down. I thought maybe it should work after charging for awhile but when i turned it on, it went from 50% to 10%. The AC adapter and the battery are working fine as i checked it with another laptop of the same model. I cant even power it on with just the AC adapter and when i operate with the battery and AC adapter, the battery status was " plugged in, charging " but my battery was still depleting.

I have tried the following methods but its still not working

-Uninstall the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing
-Holding the power button for 45 seconds

What should i do?

Solution

Huh. Strange.

I suggest RMAing the laptop if possible, your having a hardware issue that seems to be a motherboard glitch or DC jack issue.

Blackbobo95

Estimable
Sep 5, 2015

tried, but doesnt work.

i dont think its the battery problem because im currently using a new battery

Huh. Strange.

I suggest RMAing the laptop if possible, your having a hardware issue that seems to be a motherboard glitch or DC jack issue.

Solution

Blackbobo95

Estimable
Sep 5, 2015

hey, thanks alot for the help. just went today to have it serviced but when i reached, they on-ed it without the battery and im was stunned for a moment. guess its perfectly fine now :)