Help!!! Brand New IdeaPad y410p vertical lines in display

jgalls97

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Hello and thanks for your help, yesterday I received my IdeaPad y410p! I ordered it about a month ago from lenovo's site and it shipped to a P.O Box in United States and yesterday it arrived to Ecuador where I live.

I was very excited for my new laptop and for my surprise when I powered it I encountered with an issue, THE SCREEN WAS DEAD, it displays vertical lines and I can see that something is happening in the background because I can see how things change in the screen when I booted into Windows.

The only thing I could do was connect the laptop to a monitor via VGA to use it.

Here is a link to an image of the laptop connected to the monitor: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-ctRGpi2Q75bHZXajNmejMxRDA/edit

My model is the IdeaPad Y410p Laptop - 59399853 - ( Here is a link to the specs: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y410p/?sb=:000001C9:00010378: )

I already updated the drivers and also remove the bottom of the laptop and disconnect and the reconnect the display cable and nothing. I also tried to do a clean install of Windows but I can't see the BIOS menu or any other menu that is before Windows has already booted because it doesn't show up in the monitor (the VGA monitor starts displaying things only once that Windows has booted). I have barely used the laptop because I don't even have a monitor, the one in the picture is borrowed.

So is there any way to fix this by myself? What is causing the issue? Is it a hardware or software issue?

In the case there is no way I can fix it what could I do? Since I live in Ecuador and it is very unlikely that I could send the laptop back to the US and then again to Ecuador, because it would be way to expensive for me. Thanks for taking the time for reading this.

sami5675

Estimable
Jun 18, 2014

Hey,can you please tell me what the problem was with your laptop?I am in a similar situation.How did you get it repaired?

If you pivot the screen and nothing happens, it's probably the screen. If you pivot it and the image fluctuates, it's the video cable. The video cable problem can usually be corrected by reconnecting it, although you need to open the laptop to do that. Otherwise the screen might need replaced.