help buy laptops

Czspray

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
im looking for a laptop with a decent video card. and my range is $800-900 us... is there any suggestiion on what brand or sites i can check out thanks

MobileMediaFX

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2006
It may be difficult for you to find one with a good graphics card (unless integrated graphics can be considered good) in that price range. Most lower end laptops cannot even be upgraded to have a separate GPU. I would suggest you at least double your budget if you want a decent (gaming?) laptop. What exactly are you planning on using it for?

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Yea, he's right, the best you are probably going to do is DELL with the 20% off $999 coupon. At least then you can get something with a modular video card you can upgrade in the future.

Czspray

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
i plan on doing sum gaming maybe bf2 or cs:s or warcraft frozenthron, game like that. but mostly multimedia stuff, its just that i dont want any of the intergrated gpu sutff. thanks

jimytheassassin

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
I'm not sure how well those games will play in your budget, but I concur that Dell is most likely your only real route. Check out the E1505. You can also look at Dells outlet center Dell Outlet, and other refurbished models like this Gateway at Geeks.com
No choice here will be an easy one, so good luck in your search
Coupons and Deals here