Help connecting PC, Receiver and 2 monitors

ZeroEthics

Estimable
Jun 10, 2015
I have a EVGA GTX 960 video card(Has dvi and hdmi outputs and a dvi video connection), an Asus Z87-A motherboard (has hdmi and spdif outputs), an Onkyo TX-NR626 (pretty much all connections ever) and a monitor (has hdmi and dvi)and TV (TV has spdif, hdmi)

I have no idea how to connect using the spdif or the hdmi, Each connection figuration hasn't worked so far that I've tried. Before I just used the 3.5 jack and split it using an adapter to the regular L/R inputs on my receiver but I'd rather use the digital connection instead.

Solution
Just use the spdif connector on the motherboard to the receiver and make sure the default audio out is set to that in Windows. Using the jack you were before is also an options, the sound quality won't be that much different.

ZeroEthics

Estimable
Jun 10, 2015

Ok I'll look at this when I get home. I think I need to connect spdif on mobo, to receiver, then video card hdmi to receiver then hdmi out on receiver to tv. Then video card also has dvi to monitor. I also think I need to uninstall realtek as I didn't even see spdif as an option when I looked at playback devices.

then if I plug my xbox one to the tv via hdmi that'll get the surround too, yes? Lol so complicated