Help finding a laptop with a fully rotatable touch screen.

J_Rimmer

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
    Asus N90SV hard drive failed once again after about two years of use. The laptop had its moments of usefulness but proved too bulky for carrying around school, and was not powerful enough for gaming. I’ve learned a few lessons from my last laptop purchase and have decided on the following features.

1. Fully rotatable touch screen. (similar to that seen on the Dell XPS 12 or the HP EiliteBook)
      a. I plan on using this laptop for school and the ability to rotate the screen and use a stylus to write/sketch is very important to me. I’ve been using my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and it just won’t cut it anymore.
      b. Screen Size anywhere from 11.6” – 16” inches

2. Disc Drive. (DVD RW or Blue ray)

3. Full Windows Operating System. (Windows 8.1 or Windows 7)
      a. The latest Mac OS will work as well, assuming the laptop has the options mentioned above.

4. Dedicated graphics. (Preferably NVidia)
      a. From what I could find this is going to be hard to find in this kind of a laptop. I’m not looking to use this machine for any major gaming, but I would be nice to find an NVidia graphics chip.

5. Intel i series CPU. (Preferably a 2.5 GHz or greater)
      a. More cores are nice, but I’m more worried about clock frequency. The higher the clock frequency per core the better.

6. Full HD Screen. (1920 X 1080)

I am aiming for something no more than $2,000 but will spend a little more if something that meets all of my requirements is found. I like Newegg and TigerDirect as places of purchase but I am open to other stores as well. Brands I prefer are Apple, Sony, HP, Dell, and Asus. I will consider other brands.

I know the specifications I presented are going to be difficult to find, any help finding a laptop as described is appreciated.

Thanks!

Solution
I'm fairly certain that what your wanting does not exist at the moment. The "killers" are the disc drive and dedicated graphics.

J_Rimmer

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011

The more I look the more I see you are right. I guess I am going to have to re-evaluate what I want in a laptop. Thanks for the reply.