Help finding a laptop?

axelfire13

Estimable
Jun 23, 2014
I've been scouring the internet for the kind of laptop I am trying to get. I'm looking for a laptop in the $1-$400 range... up to $500 is really pushing it on my budget. I'd like a decent processor, at least 2.0 GHz, with at least 512Mb video memory, kind of want more than 256Mb, and at least 2GB ram which can be expandable. I don't care too much about screen size or weight. I'd like a windows OS but i could load it onto the laptop if it is not Windows OS. Any help would be appreciated, been looking for days and I doubt there is anything really, but anything would help me out.

Newegg has an Acer Aspire E5-571-37SY Notebook Intel Core i3 4030U (1.90GHz) 4GB DDR3L Memory 500GB HDD Intel HD Graphics 4400 15.6" Windows 8.1 for $399.99. I realize it is just under 2 GHz and doesn't have a dedicated graphics card.

You might want to look here - https://www.laptopninja.org/finding-the-best-laptops-under-400-dollars/ - to see if there is anything that meets your needs.
Most in that price range are probably going to use the Intel HD graphics and the graphics memory is shared meaning that if it comes with 2GB of RAM that part of that RAM will be used by the Intel HD Graphics. That said, you may want to look for something with at least 4GB of RAM. You might be able to set the amount of RAM available for use by Intel HD Graphics.

PsycoCollie

Estimable
Jun 24, 2014
You might try hewlet-packard's website. They have some great laptops right now pretty cheap. Even some with windows 7 if youu want it. Most of the laptops in your price range have ram updatability. I have an hp dv6 right now, and love it. It gets hot, but hp dv6's are known for it. You shouldn't have any overheating problem. Hp is currently having a sale right now too.