Help for aspiring 13 year old videographer/photographer

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SniperPenguin

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
Hey all,
I'm going to Germany in the next month or two and want to film it. I also want something to do as a hobby over the summer.
I will be building an 8 core PC with an RX 580 for editing the photos and videos.

I'm receiving 500$ for my birthday. Add that to the money I've already saved and the expenses are almost all payed for.

I have chosen the Canon EOS Rebel T7i, the EF-S 18-55mm lens, and the Manfrotto Befree live fluid head tripod.
Is this a good setup? I would like it to last me for the next 3-4 years, and only need to change the lens within that time if needed.

Thanks!

Solution

SniperPenguin

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
I underexposed them on purpose. For some, I have copies that are lighter. I figured that if they're darker, I can lighten them up in Photoshop or something and still retain contrast in some places.

I also like how it's darker, it's kind of my style.

USAFRet

Illustrious

You need to shoot in RAW, and get either Adobe Lightroom or DarkTable.

SniperPenguin

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
I shot a few in RAW, but stopped with the rest as they took up tons of space and battery.
I still think you can make it brighter with jpeg.
Anyways, I had fun shooting them and even if they aren't perfect I like them. It's the expierence that matters, right :)

USAFRet

Illustrious

Yes...experience and fun.

But I'll let you look into the differences between RAW and jpg.