Help HDMI out on laptop don´t work

Dampo1985

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015
Hello, i got some seriouse problems. I just got a laptop that i wanna use to my external 24" samsung 245B monitor (1920x1200) The laptop i use is a Asus X53U (kinda old crap but stil) i dont get it to work. i connect it via an hdmi Cable to an dvi adepter since monitor only have dvi. i use windows 10. I been 15h trying solutions such as removing some rubber on hdmi to make it go in further into the hdmi output on laptop since i saw some people have that problem on some laptops, i cant see the screen on catalyst Control center or the regular one, FN+F7 only makes laptop black, windows button + P show how i can duplicate etc but doesnt work since i cant find my screen. all this time its only showing error on screen "no signal, digital" and heres the thing, i take out hdmi of laptop and put in my big computor and baam works instantly. Help me please im frustraded and out of Money to buy new laptop

edit, it also shows on sound that hdmi isnt plugged in, all updates done i even got advanced driver updater to take care of drivers. really hope its a simple solution like driver for the hdmi but doesnt seem to find one, found one to windows 7 but i dont wanna go back to that hmm? and even if i do will it help hmm

Dampo1985

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015

I have tried many things. For example i have re-installed windows 10 twice from a formated disc aka Clean install, also tried windows 7. It seems my hdmi out is not working, cant that be my issue? Before i sit down with your guide that will take a long time. aint there somehow i can check if hdmi is working or not exept to plug a external monitor into it? cant i see it in computor software?