HELP! I believe my security is compromised.

Nero008

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Things started going downhill when my Instagram got changed into a different account. I deleted that account due to it auto-following an absurd amount of 5K people in just 3 mins from just following 450 people. So I made a new one. Still connected to the same yahoo email I used on the first. Still got changed. So I made a new one still connected to my email but I didn't connect it to my Facebook account, and the problem was resolved till now but another problem has occured after a week. My twitter account started posting this crazy picture with an advertisement where all my followers are tagged. I changed the email but I didn't confirmed but it got fixed. Then another one occured. My Facebook account's password got changed last Monday. So I went to my email to see if it gave me anything, and it did. It says a device changed my password, traced it all back to Dubai (I'm in the Philippines). Facebook again emailed me after I changed my password (5mins). Someone tried to access my account from a Windows 8 PC and in a Firefox browser. Thing here is, I'm using a Windows 7 PC and an Opera Browser. And just a while ago, after I woke up, my Steam account got changed too. This time, I changed my email's password as a first line of defense. So, yeah I think my digital security has been compromised and I need serious help.

Solution

let me tell u wat works best in these kind of scenarios...in order of chronology...
format ur hdd...
reinstall windows...
activate ur windows...install something like Microsoft Security Essential...
install...

Nero008

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
No Anti-Virus or whatsoever. It just keeps deleting some of my important files so, I preferred not to install one. But I just downloaded BitDefender just now. Firewall's been activated again.

why_wolf

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
PC may be infected but you do realize Yahoo suffered a massive hack right? You should consider your e-mail itself compromised and should change the password on it immediately, as well as any other account that is tied to that e-mail or used the same or variation of that e-mails password.

beoir

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
At this point of you catching it this individual has remote admin access. If you have a long past history backup I'd wipe your drive clean. Even better throw the drive out and image your back up on a fresh drive.

Find out the IP address accesses, through your router/switch and give them to your ISP, altering them that you've been compromised.

Unplug and power down your routers/switches, and set them back to default.

Unless your an IT professional in cyber security it'll be the mouse chasing the cat.

Nero008

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
I just changed my email password a while ago after I woke up.

Nero008

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Are you telling me to buy a new HDD? So there's no alternative?

beoir

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
You could buy an Antivirus scanner like ESET NOD32 and hope that it'll remove everything, but that is dicey.
Regardless. ..
1) Un-plug from any internet access.
2) Find it (if you know how) all of the IP and Port accesses through you router (if you've the logging capability turned on. Tell your ISP you've been compromised, give them the list, and ask if a new Router/ IP can be assigned.
3) unplug all peripherals from your PC and scan your PC with the anti-virus. It'd be best if you have the Anti-virus on a closed out DVD so it can't be manipulated.
4) Do a deep scan of everything.
5) use the delete option for everything found.
6) run a windows repair disk for all of the stuff you just broke.
7) Hook up your computer to everything an pray

OR Pay someone knowledgeable to fix?

Nero008

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
So changing or making a new email won't fix a thing? I was thinking if I could give it one last shot with a new email and if something happens again, I'll go to a technician right away.

beoir

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
It could be that someone has a key logger malware installed and is tracking your log in movements from your personal PC. Helping you diagnose this remotely is like doing Brain surgery through a Soda straw from 200 miles away.

Nero008

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
I've been able to deal with keyloggers before. Usually, there's this extra Windows Process (winlogin.exe) if you're being keylogged but right now, all I see are just bunch of familiar process on my computer. Stuffs that if you end its process will put the pc into a shitstorm of bricks.

Hellfire13

Respectable
Apr 20, 2016

let me tell u wat works best in these kind of scenarios...in order of chronology...
format ur hdd...
reinstall windows...
activate ur windows...install something like Microsoft Security Essential...
install Malwarebytes...
MSE and Malwarebytes...when they work in tandem, usually u shd be safe...i have been using them forever now...no issues...
do not use yahoo mail...
use Tor browser or vpn tunnel to surf the web...there are free clients out there...

that shd fix ur problem for gud...

Solution