Solved! Help I cannot connect my smart tv with my old kenwood reciever

Jun 30, 2018
Hello I just recently bought a new Samsung smart tv IM5300 5 series and I am in love w my old kenwood audio stereo reciever KR-v6040 however I am trying to connect it but no luck. My reciever doesn’t not have a digital optical so I am a tad frustrated any help will do thank you much appreciate!

Solution
You will need an optical to analog converter to connect the TV to the receiver.
Check in the TV menu that you can set the output to PCM. If not then you will need a converter that accepts 5.1 bitstream audio. The TV manual will tell you how to turn it on and set it. You may have to turn the TV speakers off.
You will need an optical to analog converter to connect the TV to the receiver.
Check in the TV menu that you can set the output to PCM. If not then you will need a converter that accepts 5.1 bitstream audio. The TV manual will tell you how to turn it on and set it. You may have to turn the TV speakers off.

Solution
Jul 3, 2018
You can just buy a headphone 3.5mm jack to a twin rca cable ( about £10 on ebay)and then plug the rca cable into your amp for the corresponding input , video or aux etc. I am using this solution on my samsung tv and my 25 year old kenwood amp without issue.