Help in setting up 5.1 surround sound in Windows 7

akaikisaki

Estimable
May 16, 2014
Hi guys,

I have F&D F3000u speakers and also bought an Asus Xonar DG sound card. I am trying to set up 5.1 channel surround sound. I was successful in doing it, but there's a slight problem which I noticed. If 5.1 configuration is not selected, then the bass effect is pretty good. However, when the speakers are set to 5.1 surround sound, the bass effect is considerably low. Could you guys please help me with this.!

The speaker has aux input and dvd input(for 5.1) on the back. For aux input. I just have to connect a single cable:

images

For 5.1, I have to connect 3 cables like the one above into 3 different slots on the sound card. But when I do manage to run the speakers on 5.1 surround, I feel that the bass is very less compared to when the speakers are connected in Aux.

Can somebody explain this please./...

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
You need to look at your sound card's software. I've never used an Asus card before, only Creative's Soundblaster, so I'm not sure about the exact settings... but my software has bass settings... and a wizard to setting up your speakers. You should also be able to test every speaker channel including your bass.