HELP!! Lenovo 3000 G550 2859 powers on but black screen

bryjencamp00

Estimable
Oct 26, 2015
Ok, laptop had been working fine but the battery life was not lasting. We were having to plug it in within 1/2hr or so. Normally, it would beep a few times letting you know to plug it in . Then a few days ago while on battery power only it beeped once and turned off quicker than I could grab the plug. So we plugged it in to charge it. A bit later we turned it on. All 4 front lights power,battery,WiFi,unknown flash on you could here fan going but a total black screen and the WiFi and unknown go off immediately. I believed the battery was done since it had steadily required plugging in much more often and only beeped one time this time with battery charge beep and died. Ordered a new battery, put it in, pushed power button. Same thing. So powers on all for front indicator lights for a second then WiFi and unknown light go off battery and power light stay on,I hear the fan, the usb ports working and Nothing Else. Appreciate any advice on my next move here Please and Thank You!

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these following troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving that issue.
- Do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the AC adapter then see if the laptop will boot up and if it does you can put the battery back in as well.
- Next, since you can tell that the laptop is on but there's no display try connecting an external monitor if available and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do there might be an issue with the built in display but do press the Windows key + P at the same time and select Display Only and see if you'll get the display back to the built in one.
- If the first 2 steps doesn't work try reseating the RAM...
Hi,

Please do try these following troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving that issue.
- Do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the AC adapter then see if the laptop will boot up and if it does you can put the battery back in as well.
- Next, since you can tell that the laptop is on but there's no display try connecting an external monitor if available and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do there might be an issue with the built in display but do press the Windows key + P at the same time and select Display Only and see if you'll get the display back to the built in one.
- If the first 2 steps doesn't work try reseating the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly.
- Lastly, try another AC adapter as well or test it if it's supplying enough voltage to power the laptop.

Solution