HELP! Lenovo Y400 endless identifying, connected, no internet access cycle

ivandjaw

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am running a Lenovo Y400 (win 8 64bit, intel n2230 wireless card) and I just bought a TP-Link WR1043ND router about 10 days ago and I have it connected to my ISP modem. For the first few days after the installation, the internet connection seems to be intermittent but still acceptable, nevertheless it got worse these 2 days.

The symptoms: whenever I connect to the router, I get an endless identifying, connecting and no internet access status on my network connection status. I have updated my wireless card driver, reset it (disable/enable through the device manager), reset through the command prompt, power off/on the router, etc and it still doesnt work. However my iPad and my dad's mac book are both connected just fine. Sometimes I manage to get it connected to the imternet after I power off/on my router for a few minutes then the problem get back again, it just suddenly disconnected and the cycle re-appear.

I'm getting really frustrated that I dont know if my wireless card or router is broken and how to fix them. Do I need to reset and reconfigure the router to see if thats the problem (but it is connected to my dad's mbpro & my iPad just fine)? Or if the problem lies with my laptop, how can I fix them?

Thank you, really appreciate your help.

HillBillyAsian

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
whats the signal strength? if its at least 2 bars you should be ok, try ipconfig /release, followed by ipconfig /renew to see if it tries to pick up anything, also would there happen to be another router nearby (like your old one) that's still plugged in and has the same SSID? are you near a microwave?

ivandjaw

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011

Signal strength is good - excellent, in fact i'm typing this thread using my ipad that is connected to the same router. This afternoon I brought my laptop to my office and it connected with my office's wifi system just fine, no problem at all. I'm suspecting my wireless router but it seems illogical because my ipad and a mac book are connected without any problem.

Nope, i'm not near any microwave and the old router has been removed, only my current router exist.

When i typed ipconfig renew, it said that an error occurred while renewing interface wi-fi: the operation was cancelled by the user.

Thank you for your help btw.

ivandjaw

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011

WPA2 with AES. Btw my sister just informed me that her laptop somtime get the same problem as mine. Hers is toshiba with windows xp also another toshiba with windows 7. Still doesnt make sense to me, is it possible that i got a faulty router that only has problem with windows??

ivandjaw

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011

It is WPA2-Personal with AES.

Btw as for my sisters laptop are both connected to the internet right now, she told me that she had the same issue for her win xp laptop back then after I installed the new router, while for win 7 it still get the same issue but less frequent. As for me, i cant connect to the internet using my laptop for the last 5 hours already..

ivandjaw

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011

Thank you for your reply. I've changed to a new router, at first it connects just fine but then the problem reappears a few minutes later. FYI, i have a range extender installed, could it be because of the range extender that it become error?

I'll try to factory reset it and configure it again tomorrow as its already midnight here in my place.