Help me choose a phone

dakota1820

Prominent
Apr 6, 2018
I currently have the one plus 7pro. And I have to be honest I don't care for it. The phone always goes crazy when I'm on the phone and pushes buttons ect. The battery life is average at best and voice to text is unusable. I've tried retraining it to no avail. I also have issues with the curved screen it creates a terrible glare in the sun and screen protectors are a pain to find for it.
I have been with apple and Android. I'm considering a iPhone 11 the pixel 4 or the Samsung s10.
What would be the best choice for me. Functionality is important. Good camera and good battery life . Also a good screen for outodor viewing is nice to have.
I'd like to have a reliable phone that can last a year or so without issues
I do prefer Google over Siri. And I'd like a reliable to talk to text experience. This 7 pro always lags so bad that it completely misses the first few words unless I wait about 5 seconds to start talking and it still gets a lot of words wrong.
I look forward to all your input. Thanks guys.

Oct 22, 2019
I'm in the same kind of situation, just that I'm looking to upgrade from a Samsung Galaxy S8. I used to be a long-time Apple user, but decided that it was time for something new and switched over to an S8 some years ago. Been really happy with the S8, but now I've noticed that the battery drains really quickly, the S8 has lost support for new Android updates (one of the definite advantages iPhones have over Androids, getting new updates over a long time) so I think it's about time to upgrade.

The obvious choice is probably to go for a Huawei P30 Pro (great battery life, great camera and otherwise great specs), and if you're a fan of Android and the Google eco-system it should be good. The only threat that looms over the Huawei's is the potential sanctions which may harm or hinder future updates, but they've cut a deal now so that all existing phones won't be affected. Of course, if you wanna play it safer, Samsung S10 or the Pixel is a safer way to go.

iPhone 11 is certainly a tempting option, but I think it's a bad choice when looking at the competitors. Especially if you're not someone who absolutely loves iOS and can't live without it. A simple comparison of the phone specs will tell you why the iPhone 11 is not a good choice unless you're a dedicated Apple fan.

If you were to go for an iPhone this year, I'd probably recommend going for an iPhone 11 Pro or an iPhone 11 Pro Max, cameras are stunning as are the general specifications. They're pricy phones, and you get a much better deal from Huawei or Samsung, so again, it's not such an obvious choice. Besides, this year Apple is once again at the end of their three-year cycle, so from next year we'll have completely new iPhones which may well be worth the wait.

Bottom line, from what you say about preferring Google over Siri, I'd probably recommend that you go for an Android phone. Huawei P30 Pro or Samsung S10+ is what I'd go for if I were getting an Android phone.