Help me choose the best student laptop from this list

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ForUm8

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014
Update : I bought the Lenovo IdeaPad G510 with Intel Core i5 4210m, and the AMD R7 m230 2GB GPU.
This is a nice laptop, however, I am not too happy with it as a student.
Next time I purchase a laptop I'll have more experience, so I'll probably know what to choose myself, and I will try to explain:

This laptop is quite heavy and thick! for a student I'd recommend a thinner and less heavy device, even if the battery life is shorter (I'm not sure the different is going to be too big, and I'm sure you can find power outlets before the battery runs out in a university)

Next time, I will surely choose a Full HD screen, I really don't like the quality of this monitor, it hurts my eyes.

I'm not sure I really need the Graphics card as a student, and besides, so far this laptop is only using the Intel HD Graphics (it is automatically switchable, and for the apps I use it just won't switch to the AMD, so render that useless)

I should've bought something perhaps more expensive, but with a Full-HD screen, less weight, and not even care if it has a graphics card or not (the intel is definitely enough for a regular student)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Laptop General Discussion 2
K Laptop General Discussion 0
Beary Rizal Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 1
G Laptop General Discussion 0
J Laptop General Discussion 0
P Laptop General Discussion 3
B Laptop General Discussion 1
Cole69971 Laptop General Discussion 1
Yersinia Pestis Laptop General Discussion 1
B Laptop General Discussion 2