Help me decide what headset to get on a 80$ budget.

Fayzd

Estimable
Jun 21, 2014
Hi guys! It's been a while since I've posted. This time I'm gonna need your help getting a new headset as my Gamecon 380 or something like that has broken and the audio's a bit random and my mic has snapped.
So, my budget's a bit random. The max is 80$, but the cheaper the better.
I'm looking for a great mic. And no, I figured a standalone mic and a pair of headphones would cost too much, plus I don't have the space.
I'm no audiophile, but it at least has to have decent sounds.
I don't mind Surround Sound, I don't need it but it would be handy.
I can order from online, and my currency is AUD.
It must be comfortable since I game for hours on end.
There's no need for noise cancelling mic, but it would be really really handy.
Here's a couple I've researched and looked about.
HyperX Cloud: (Unlikely, it's really expensive over here unless I can find a good deal on Amazon)
GameCon 780: (I'm leaning towards this because it's the big brother to my older headset, and reviews show the mic is great. It looks comfortable too.)
SteelSeries Siberia v2: (This looks great, and reviews say the mic is good and so is the audio for the price.)
Logitech G230: (The safe backup cheap option. The Surround Sound looks great((Is that on the 430?)) and it looks really comfy. Not sure about the mic. It would be nice to have the noise cancelling mic.)
Creative Fatal1ty: (Another cheap option, I'm not sure about this one.)

Thanks a lot! Hopefully I have some decent replies.

Solution
I wouldnt recommend the Logitechs (I owned the G430), it was built very poorly and the sound was decent I guess, another thing that really bothered me about the G430 is that whenever the cable rubs against your clothing you can hear the sound and its pretty loud. As for the Turtle Beaches they are decent to good in my opinion.

Pretty much all the headsets you mentioned are good except for the Logitech, but if you didnt know:
The HyperX II coming out soon,
The Siberia V3 lineup is out
There is a newer model of the Gamecom 780s, called the 788s
And lastly Creative has a upgraded model of the Fatal1tys called the Creative SB Inferno which will easily be in your budget, (also looks way better)

Preferably go with the Gamecom 780s...

BlueFireZ

Estimable
I wouldnt recommend the Logitechs (I owned the G430), it was built very poorly and the sound was decent I guess, another thing that really bothered me about the G430 is that whenever the cable rubs against your clothing you can hear the sound and its pretty loud. As for the Turtle Beaches they are decent to good in my opinion.

Pretty much all the headsets you mentioned are good except for the Logitech, but if you didnt know:
The HyperX II coming out soon,
The Siberia V3 lineup is out
There is a newer model of the Gamecom 780s, called the 788s
And lastly Creative has a upgraded model of the Fatal1tys called the Creative SB Inferno which will easily be in your budget, (also looks way better)

Preferably go with the Gamecom 780s, Steelseries Siberia V2 or the SB Inferno if you can find it, they all have great mics and audio.

Hope this helps!

Solution

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
I picked up the G930 a couple of years ago at Best Buy for $100 .. and they turned out to be a great purchase for me. Granted... the Logitech Gaming Software bites the dust... but once you get the EQ settings adjusted correctly the sound is great and has a great range.

I used to use wired headphones on my computer... and they were just plain awful. The cord was extra extra long and used to get caught under my chair all the time... that annoyed me like crazy.. After I picked up the wireless... I can't imagine using wired anymore. Just one issue I have, though. My Wireless headset uses the 2.4Ghz frequency... which is the same one used as my Xbox 360 controller. I never had any problems gaming... but when I wanted to listen to music or watch a video with the wireless headset... I would hear distortions. The only way around that was to unplug the gamepad's receiver... but that was a hassle doing that all the time.. so I simply ordered a tiny USB 2.0 Hub from Amazon that has on/off switches for every port...