Help me decide what laptop model to choose (Asus N56VZ)

napsterlone

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
Hi there,

I am looking to purchase a new laptop this summer! I have done some research and I really like the Asus N56VZ laptop as it is within my price range ($1500), has relatively good reviews, and good specs.

However, i see it comes in four different models: -RH71, RB71, DS71, and ES71

Which model would be the best? Im looking for the model with the best CPU, GPU, memory, and hard drive speed (although im considering buying a 256gb ssd instead).

I appreciate any/all of your thoughts!

Thanks

Asus_USA

Honorable
May 1, 2013
The RB71 and DS71 should be exactly the game, except the DS71 has a 1920x1080 screen. The ES71 has a smaller HDD (500Gb, as compared to 750GB) and only 4GB of RAM. The RH71 has similar specs to the RB71, except it comes with Windows 8, instead of Windows 7.

My personal favorite would be the DS71. The full 1080 display is a selling point for me, considering it's a multimedia laptop meant for watching movies, playing somes, ect.

napsterlone

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011

Thanks, however I looked around to buy it and most stores no longer carry that model. I've been thinking a little bit more about what I'll be using it for and I included ultrabooks in my search. Ill be using this laptop in college but I already have a beast of a desltop to run games etc. So Im looking for a nice looking, fast, 1080p screen, yet capable laptop. Do you recommend your up and coming zenbook infinity? Or a zenbook ux32vd, or ux31? Is it worth waiting for haswell laptops? Thanks again.

Asus_USA

Honorable
May 1, 2013
Not much information is available about the Zenbook Infinity yet. I do love the Zenbook Primes, though. They are a lot better than the non-Prime Zenbooks. You probably won't be able to get one with a Haswell processor until later this year, but I think it's worth the wait. The performance is better across the board, but some users will find it minimal. It's certainly up to you if you want to wait for the next line of laptops to get Haswell.