Mark Majoris

Estimable
Jan 12, 2015
I have a AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor in my computer. I was going to just buy a new computer for video editing but according to passmark my processor is still pretty good after 5 years. It has 6 cores and still cost $399.00. Everything is above average on this computer except for the video card. It is a ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series. I purchased the Hitfilm editing software and it says to get a minimum AMD Radeon HD 5000 or better. Does anyone have any suggestions on what card might work well. I don't know much about AMD Video cards. Thank You.

mackyman

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
Your right, the PSU is only 500 watts. I just don't know what to do with this computer. It has 4 hard drives, Three 1TB and one 250GB Sata. It has 16GB of RAM. I do wish It had a USB 3.0 to transfer my movie files to a android media box that I am planning to buy.

May I ask you what do the cores on a CPU do? You mentioned it don't help the performance at all? Next time I buy a CPU I won't be fooled by how many cores it has.

I wonder if there is a way to tell how many watts my computer is using right now, and if I have to change it, would it be worth it.

Basically I just wanted a stronger Graphic's card then the AMD Radeon HD 5000 that's in it now so I could do some video editing. Now it's starting to seem unrealistic.
Thank You.

Mark Majoris

Estimable
Jan 12, 2015
Thank you for your advice, and I appreciate your expertise in this field which is probably why you are a moderator. And I have to admit I did take your advice because of your expertise in this field. But on a more sincere note, I am confused about your comment on this being an issue that wars are started over, well I'm not so sure about that. I had no intention of starting a war, there are to many already. Also the comment you made about myself needing to explain with "kind words" is a little perplexing to me. I thought this website was for all people, experts and novices.