Feb 11, 2018
hi, i am looking for a laptop.

1. What is your budget?
max. £1000.

2. What screen resolution do you want?
preferably 1080p+

3. How much battery life do you need?
minimum 6 hrs.

4. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
yes, gta 5 with low to medium settings.

5. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
photo and video editing, graphic design, music production

6. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
a minimum of 250gb.

7. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-4 years

8. What country do you live in?
uk

thankyou.

Solution
If you insist on 6 hours of battery life, and you can live with playing GTA V on low settings, you are essentially looking for a decently-powered notebook - not a gaming rig. However, considering your info about music production I'd say you'd still need a quad-core CPU, but you don't absolutely need a power-hungry GPU.

Here's a £950 HP from Curry's:
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-envy-x360-15-bp150na-15-6-2-in-1-natural-silver-10169741-pdt.html

Highlights include the latest 8th-generation quad-core Intel i5 CPU and a 2GB MX150 GPU. HP claim in excess of 11 hours of battery life, which of course will plummet once you open GTA V - no matter the settings - but you should still be able to squeeze 6 hours out of...
If you insist on 6 hours of battery life, and you can live with playing GTA V on low settings, you are essentially looking for a decently-powered notebook - not a gaming rig. However, considering your info about music production I'd say you'd still need a quad-core CPU, but you don't absolutely need a power-hungry GPU.

Here's a £950 HP from Curry's:
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-envy-x360-15-bp150na-15-6-2-in-1-natural-silver-10169741-pdt.html

Highlights include the latest 8th-generation quad-core Intel i5 CPU and a 2GB MX150 GPU. HP claim in excess of 11 hours of battery life, which of course will plummet once you open GTA V - no matter the settings - but you should still be able to squeeze 6 hours out of this HP.

The CPU and GPU setup is designed for serious work rather than serious gaming with a focus on long battery life. In your case, that means you'll achieve more with video editing and music production than with gaming.

Weight is 2.16 kg and with the 2-in-1 design you're looking at very practical all-rounder.

One the other hand, if you're OK with around 2 hours of battery life and you want to enjoy GTA V to its fullest potential (it is a rather expensive game with stunning details), then £1,000 will actually get you several dedicated gaming rigs to choose from, like this MSI from Argos:
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7929115

You get a quad-core 7th-gen i7 CPU and a 4GB 1050 GPU. It says 'up to 3 hours' of battery life in the listing - which is going to be closer to 1.5 hours at best. But this machine will allow you to play GTA V with the settings intended. But the CPU and especially the GPU are not designed for serious video editing and especially music production.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Solution