Help me fix my audio? It's beyond my ability...

SozBoutUrSize

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
I can not open my sound settings to switch my default device (so that I can switch the sound to my headset instead of my speakers).

AND

When I was able to open it when I switched to my headset my youtube video stopped playing completely. No audio and no picture. It was not just youtube either..I tried opening itunes and nothing would play either. The time would stay at 0 and no audio...But when I switched back to my speakers they all started working again. I switched back and forth to see if It happened every time and it does.

Additional info:
-Motherboard is MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 FM2 AMD A75 and I am using the default sound card (no additional sound card)
-Logitech G930 headset
-I did a windows update after not being able to switch audio to my headset and restarted my PC and when it restarted I could not open my sound options.
-I had the problem of not being able to open my sound options before and after some browsing of the web and trying different things I was able to open it by turning off all of the programs that begin on start up and restarting my PC
-I have checked for driver updates but I seem to be all up to date
-I have done sfc /scannow and it said everything was fine

All help is appreciated! Thanks

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Dear Lady/Sir,

Kindly I ask your attention. :)

What you could do is uninstall the sound driver and reinstall it again and see what happens.
When you can get to them, at settings of your sound driver you should be able to set it to notify when a connection has been made at one of the ports, there you can set it to automatically and no notifications and combo's of it.
Is your headphone in good condition?

I don't think it will be a Windows error, but an action or program did mess up your system.

Hopefully I let you known enough, that you will find the answers you seek! :)

Good luck and have fun doing it! :)

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte

PS:

Merry Christmas & Best Wishes 2014! :)