Help me get freedom from boredom

Yashwanth Allakky

Estimable
May 7, 2015
Hello everyone.... I have bought a Lenovo G 50-45 (80E300FSIN) laptop a few days ago. I have got myself GTA 5 too. The laptop has a 1GB of integrated (hd 8500) and a 2GB of dedicated(ATI JET LE R5 M230). Now, the problem is that in the game settings i can see that only 1GB of my Vram is being consumed. As a result the graphics are pretty shitty and the games lags like hell. I tried to google on how to switch between integrated and dedicated graphics. But being a computer noob I couldn't understand anything. They all said that going to the AMD Catalyst control and choosing high performance makes it switch to dedicated . But there's no change in the value. So I am missing my holidays cause i love the GTA seies. please help me out. Thanks in advance.....

mohit9206

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
Gta 5 will lag on your laptop because it is below the minimum requirements in the graphics. So just turn every settings to lowest or off and resolution to 1024*768.

chenw

Estimable
Oct 25, 2014
If your GPU is consuming that much VRAM, there is no way (and most of the time, no benefit) to force it to consume more. How your game uses VRAM is entirely up to the GPU itself.

Unfortunately, there may be a reason why GTA V is using your integrated instead of dedicated: according to benchmarks, your HD 8500 is actually more powerful than your M230:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/mid_range_gpus.html

All in all, that laptop is very low spec'ed to play anything heavy. The only thing I can suggest is turn both your resolution and details to their minimum and play it like that, there is not much you can do.