junius_03

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
I have an LG UB830T TV, and a DAV-DZ310 home theatre. All i need to do is connect the sony home theater to the TV, and STB

Solution
Red and White connections (RCA) provide for stereo only. For surround sound (5.1), your HT needs to have digital input, connected to TV' or STB' digital output. You might try ARC function on TV and HT, to see whether you can get sound when using other HDMI ports on your TV.

These HT's are design-crippled for a reason. Companies want you to buy higher-end receivers and speakers. With true AVR receiver, everything plugs into it, with TV Being used just as a monitor.

junius_03

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017

junius_03

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
Thank you Albalcho! Tbh it did work when i put the HT function on tv mode and had the red&white (2channels) cables connected from STB to HT. What i needed to also know is if i had to connect my laptop or hardisk to the tv how would I be able to direct audio through the HT just so i could experience the 5.1 The manuals provided online wasn't of any help.

Red and White connections (RCA) provide for stereo only. For surround sound (5.1), your HT needs to have digital input, connected to TV' or STB' digital output. You might try ARC function on TV and HT, to see whether you can get sound when using other HDMI ports on your TV.

These HT's are design-crippled for a reason. Companies want you to buy higher-end receivers and speakers. With true AVR receiver, everything plugs into it, with TV Being used just as a monitor.

Solution
Specs for the HTS show is supports ARC as does the TV.
1. Connect the Sony to the HDMI-ARC input on the TV. There will be only one.
2. Connect all your other sources to the TV directly.
3. Turn on ARC in the TV menu. Set the audio output to surround sound, 5.1 or bitstream depending on what they chose to call it.