Help me to find laptop

hms8

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
1. What is your budget?

$1000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Not less than 13"

3. What screen resolution do you want?

Do not care, but I want a screen that can perform well outdoors

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?

More than 6 hours on WiFi

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

No

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Main target: web design and development. Secondary target: Android development and Linux

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

Minimum 500 GB

9. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

As long as possible; I am going to use for work

10. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Do not need

11. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I perefer Lenovo; my current laptop. Asus; has good reputation. Samsung; Series-7-Chronos-770Z5E probably the perfect laptop, but it is not available in my country.

I do not like HP; all the people got it said it was very bad. I also just do not like Dell

12. What country do you live in?

Egypt

13. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Is Intel graphics card is enough for web design or I should go for something better?

Solution
Lenovo did away with the ultrabay battery on the ThinkPad T series. All Haswell generation ThinkPad T laptops (T440 / T540) have options for an IPS screen upgrade of either 1600x900 (HD+) or 1920x1080 (FHD or Full HD) resolution. The T540p will have an option for a 3K resolution IPS screen. All screens are matte / anti-glare which means they can be used outdoors.

All T series ThinkPads have an internal 3 cell battery and an external "rear"battery. That means the laptop does not need to be turned off to switch batteries. The T440 series has a 3 cell rear battery as standard and can be upgraded to a 6 cell battery. The T540p (not available for purchase yet, comes standard with a 6 cell battery or the optional 9 cell battery. That is in...

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Look into the lenovo t series if you can. Since you said you did not want the optical drive I believe you can stick another small battery in there for some extra battery life. As far as graphics, there is a dedicated graphics option, although I can't say if it fits what you need

Lenovo did away with the ultrabay battery on the ThinkPad T series. All Haswell generation ThinkPad T laptops (T440 / T540) have options for an IPS screen upgrade of either 1600x900 (HD+) or 1920x1080 (FHD or Full HD) resolution. The T540p will have an option for a 3K resolution IPS screen. All screens are matte / anti-glare which means they can be used outdoors.

All T series ThinkPads have an internal 3 cell battery and an external "rear"battery. That means the laptop does not need to be turned off to switch batteries. The T440 series has a 3 cell rear battery as standard and can be upgraded to a 6 cell battery. The T540p (not available for purchase yet, comes standard with a 6 cell battery or the optional 9 cell battery. That is in addition to the 3 cell internal battery I mentioned before.

I don't know if the Intel HD 4600 is good enough for web design since that is not my profession. The nVidia GT 730m is an available option.

Solution

hms8

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013

Thanks a lot. I will consider it :D